Click on the lights / incense to make an offering. Visualize yourself making the offering. It is the thought that counts.
Dear fellow Buddhists
I am very happy to set up this 24h online temple. There are many ups and downs in life and I hope this online temple can help people from all walks of life. If you are troubled, feel free to drop by for prayers and give offerings (in the form of incense & light). The essence is visualisation.
You may like to make use of this online temple for your daily practice too. People may be too busy to visit temples due to their work schedule or studies. This enables you to continue with your cultivation. May all of us be able to escape from the 6 realms and be reborn in Pureland.
The Benefits of Making Light Offerings
It is said in the Ten Wheel Sutra of the Essence of Earth
(Kshitigarbha): "All comfort, happiness and peace in this world are received by making offerings to the Rare Sublime Ones (the Triple Gem), therefore those who like to have comfort, happiness and peace always attempt to make offerings to the Rare Sublime Ones."
In general, all the collections of goodness of samsara and nirvana are the result of having made offerings to the Triple Gem. In particular, one receives different benefits by doing service with each of the various individual offerings. Buddha, the Fourth Guide, whose holy mind is enriched with the ten powers, announced in the "Tune of Brahma" Sutra Clarifying Karma that there are ten benefits of making light offerings:
- One becomes like the light in the world.
- One achieves the clairvoyance of the pure flesh eye [as a human].
- One achieves the devas' eye.
- One receives the wisdom of knowing what is virtue and what is non-virtue.
- One is able to eliminate the darkness of ignorance, the concept of inherent existence.
- One receives the illumination of wisdom, even in samsara one never experiences darkness.
- One receives great enjoyment wealth.
- One is reborn in the deva or human realms.
- One quickly becomes liberated.
- One quickly attains enlightenment.
Miao Zhen (妙榛) _/\_